Four days of radical politics, debate, and entertainment
Join us for the largest socialist conference in the country for four days of radical politics, debate, and entertainment. We will be organizing transportation from New York to Chicago so check back for more information soon.
Here are some highlights from last year’s Socialism 2013:
• Independent journalist Glenn Greenwald speaking out on the crimes of the national security state.
• Teacher, parent, and student activists on the fight for education justice.
• Discussions on violence against women and Black feminism and intersectionality.
• Environmental activists strategizing about the movement’s next steps.
• Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor on the political economy of racism.
• Discussions and debates about Marxist theory today.
• Socialists from Greece, Egypt, Canada, Britain, Australia, and elsewhere describing the challenges for the revolutionary left.
• LGBT activists highlighting the struggle for transgender rights.
• A roundtable discussion on the history and politics of disability.
• Idle No More activists linking historic First Nation and Native American struggles with those today.
• Electronic Intifada’a Ali Abunimah on the struggle for Palestine and the BDS movement.
Listen to some of the talks from the 2013 conference here.
In 2014, we’re planning something different:we’re adding another day, which means more meetings and more opportunities to take part in discussions and hear important voices from the struggle.
So please save the dates and plan to join us next summer at Socialism 2014:
Thursday June 26th through Sunday June 29th
Crowne Plaza Hotel O’Hare
5440 N River Road
Rosemont, Illinois, 60018
Travel from New York
The New York district of the ISO is organizing transportation and housing for people from the area who are traveling to the conference. If you plan on attending the conference, let us know so you can coordinate with other New Yorkers.
Vans will be leaving New York on Wednesday June 25 at 6:00 p.m. and returning to NYC Monday June 30 at 7 a.m. A round-trip ticket is $140. You can purchase a ticket here.
Contact Nisha (email below) for more information about housing or if you would like to share a room with someone else traveling from New York. Reservations at the Crowne Plaza Hotel can be made directly here (discounted price through June 4th).
To donate to the Socialism Conference Scholarship Fund, click here: