- This event has passed.
The Struggle for Palestinian Liberation: A Day School
September 22 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pmFree
The struggle for the liberation of Palestine remains one of the most fiercely contested issues of our current political era. Join us Saturday September 22nd at Verso Books for an engaging day of education and conversation on the history of Palestinian displacement, repression and resistance.
Session 1: 11:30-1:30PM
Imperialism’s Catastrophe: Palestine and the Nakba of 1948
Presented by Sherry Wolf
- Zionism: False Messiah
Session 2: 2:00-4:00PM
Palestinian Resistance from the Intifada to the Arab Spring
Presented by Yasmine Kamel
- The Arc of Palestinian Resistance: From the First Intifada to Ahed Tamimi by Sumaya Awad
- The New Intifada: Standing Up to Goliath
- Israel Adds a New Chapter to the Nakba
- Siege and Resistance in Gaza Interview with Toufiq Haddad
Student Meet-Up: 4:00-5:00PM
Session 3: 5:00-7:00PM
Launch of the fall issue of the International Socialist Review: What’s the Matter with the Israeli Working Class?
A Conversation between Daphna Thier and Tawfiq Haddad
Moderated by Sumaya A
- What’s the Matter With the Israeli Working Class?
- How Neoliberalism Undermined Palestinian Liberation
- The Changing Face of Palestinian Activism by Patrick O. Strickland